Today, for lunch, I was so hungry so I decided to cook something for myself. I usually do not cook, so this was very unusual for me. I remember my grandma gave me a French cookbook for girls (Côté filles).
- 4 loaves of white bread(I used six so I could make a deluxe sandwich)
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 50g of lettuce cut into tiny pieces
- 2 slices of ham(or 3)
- 2 or 3 slices of cheese(your choice)
- 1 cut tomato
- 50g of chicken cut finely
- Toast all of the bread. Using a bread knife, cut off the crust, which can be used for later use
- Put in the lettuce in a bowl. With the help of the tablespoon, mix the mayonnaise and lemon with the lettuce together. Add salt and pepper for taste.
- Spread the lettuce concoction evenly on the 2(3) pieces of bread. Make sure to put the lettuce more in the center so it does not spill out when cut
- Add the ham and cheese on top of each piece of bread with lettuce.
- Add the tomato and chicken slices. Then put the unused bread on top of all of it to make a sandwich
- On a board, cut each sandwich into 4 triangles. To help keep the sandwich together, poke a toothpick from the top.
I think that the sandwiches were a big success. They were palatable and very fulfilling.
But wait… There’s more….
Like I said in the first step, I said the crust can be used for later use. From a childhood tradition, my mom liked to fry these crusts. After that, she would spread cinnamon and sugar across the fried crusts to make them taste sweet. These were also very appetizing, since they had a sweet sugar and spicy cinnamon combo in them.